Keys to Success
College Algebra Trig
- Have your materials in class every day!
1) Pencil with eraser
2) Colored pen for grading
3) Paper and 3 Ring Binder for Notes
4) Scientific Calculator
5) Algebra Book
6) Dry Erase Markers and Eraser(or sock)
- Complete every homework assignment!
1) Head your papers with First and last name
Pg #, and problems
2) Copy the original problem within reason on your paper
3) Show all your work
4) Work down your paper, and number problems accordingly
5) Use no more than two columns on one side
6) Skip lines between problems and circle answers
7) Work neatly and carefully
8) Check all your answers
9) Turn in all completed work the next class period
- Keep track of your own grade!
1) Complete your point total page daily
2) You must complete the daily assignments to
have enough points to pass the class
3) All grades are cumulative
4) Prepare for quizzes/tests weekly unless otherwise announced
5) Keep your papers neat and organized
6) Daily work may be collected, or quizzed biweekly
7) Weekly quizzes are worth 10-40 pointS
Tests are worth 80-100 points
8) Daily work is worth no more than 5% of the total grade
Homework quizzes 10%
Semester Test 15%
- Grading scale 100-94 A
69 –0 F
- Be responsible with makeup work!
It is your responsibility to get your make up work from me. Find time when you return to get notes or help from me or a friend. Makeup work not completed by the next quiz date will not be accepted, unless otherwise approved. I am available for help outside of class if your questions cannot be answered during the class period.
Be on time, come into the room, sit quietly and begin . the warm up
Attendance is taken at the beginning of each class
Be courteous of others
Bring other work if you think you may finish quickly
Your cooperation and your attitude are greatly related to your success in this course. Please ask questions when you need to and get extra help from me if you need it.
Together we can accomplish our goals, I look forward to a great year!