Maintaining Your Teacher Page
(For a printable copy, click here.)
- Bring up your school website.
- Point to the Teacher Pages tab and then click on your name.
- Once you are looking at your page, locate the STAFF LOGIN link at the top of the page, click it and then login.
EDITING THE PAGE
- Point to Page Properties in the upper left and from the menu select Edit Page and/or Check out and Edit page.
- Scroll down to the PAGE CONTENT section and make your edits in the window.
- When finished, click the Publish button at the bottom.
ADDING A NEW PAGE
You may want to add a page to your set of Teacher web pages such as “Classroom Procedures” or “Field Trip form.”
- Point to Page Properties in the upper left and from the menu select Add New Page.
- Select Content Space Page. IMPORTANT: This is the only option you should pick unless you have been trained on configuring one of the other options.
- Enter the Title for the new page. Ex: Classroom Procedures.
- Press the Tab key on the keyboard or click the small blue arrow beneath the Title so the Name box is filled in.
- Click the Create Page button.
- Fill in the PAGE CONTENT section as needed.
- Click the Publish button.
DELETING A PAGE
If you have a page in your set of web pages that is no longer needed, you may get rid of it this way:
- Bring up your main Teacher page – the one with your name on it. One way to get there is to go back to the Teacher Pages list and click on your name.
- Point to Page Properties in the upper left and from the menu select Manage Sub-pages… > Page Status.
- Locate the page you want to delete and check the box to the left of it.
- Click the Archive button.
- When prompted, if you are sure you want to delete the page, click OK.
- Click Close.
LOADING PDF DOCUMENTS (Document Manager)
- Have a pdf document saved and ready to load.
- In the website, login and bring up the relevant page for editing.
- Enter the text in the PAGE CONTENT editing window.
- Select the text that will be the link to the pdf document.
- Click the Document Manager button in the set of tools above the edit window. It looks like a page with a red paper clip.
- Upload the document.
- Double-check the “Link Text.”
- For Target select: New Window.
- Under Tooltip enter a brief description of the link.
- Click Insert.